Sunday, September 11, 2011

Video Tutorial: How to make toy balls out of old tee shirts!

I'm so excited to finally do this!

I've been adding to my Etsy shop for over a year now, with all sorts of creations that I've been making with all my spare time (...and I have a lot of spare time). I mainly use cotton tee-shirts that have been donated to me, turning them into brooches, necklaces, earrings, belts, rings, bracelets, napkin rings - you name it! I've had so much fun coming up with new ideas, and in the past I've been asked to share some of my secrets. I've always graciously declined because I wanted to keep them all to myself (insert evil laugh here) but now... I've changed my mind.

The reality is, I would LOVE for people to start looking at their old or unused items in a "what can I turn this into?" way. Heck, this morning I was convinced I was going to saw our metal globe in half to make two big salad bowls and my better half was horrified, snatching it from my hands. But that's the way I see things, really. And I want to share it with you! And you should share it with your friends, your family, your kids. We buy too much these days, and we don't think twice when we toss things in the trash. Maybe you'll be inspired to make your own amazing creations from stuff you have laying around in your house (and if that happens please do let me know, I would love to hear about it!).

These little tee-shirt balls are so easy to make and can serve a million purposes. A few things I can think of are: cat or dog toys, decor (so cute in a big glass vase!), beads, pin cushions, hair accessories, wedding decorations (made in specific colors and spread out on a table - cute!), curtain weights, curtain ties (if a U-shaped string was sewn on the two), Christmas tree ornaments (just add a hook!), door hangers, necklaces, I could probably go on forever. The point is, they are easy to make and super cute. :-)

                                                                A necklace I made

                                        Admiration from my dog and cat, pre-pounce (by the cat)

                                                           Yet another necklace I made 



So here is my first video tutorial on how to make these cute little balls out of old tee shirts! I'd love to see your comments and pictures or videos if you make your own.

Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment