Monday, September 12, 2011

Knowledge is Power! How to Get a Free Education From an Ivy League University

(Note: this post isn't specifically about eco-friendly living but I just had to share it!)

So I'm pretty excited that I came across this because I love learning about ... everything! Sometimes I wish I could go back to school but the cost, well... it's too much. But then, I found out how to get an education from Ivy League schools for free.

Yes, I promise, you read that right.

It's called OpenCourseWare (OCW) and it is a free and open educational resource for faculty, students, and self-learners throughout the world (as long as they have access to the internet).
Participating in OCW does not grant credits or degrees, nor does not provide access to the university or its faculty, but there is no enrollment or registration process and you have open access to the materials for any thousands (yes, thousands!) of courses that could interest you.


Below is a list (non-exhaustive) of participating schools and universities. Just click on the name of the school you're interested in and it'll take you right to their (free) available courses. 


University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Irvine
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 
Tufts University 
Utah State University
Yale University
United Nations University
University of Massachusetts, Boston
Middle East Technical University 
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
Notre Dame University 
Delft University of Technology
Fulbright Economics Teaching Program
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania - Small Business Center
King Faho University of Petrolium and Minerals


I can't decide what to do first... let me know what you ended up choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment